Top 5 benefits of joining our Section:
- Forming relationships with colleagues around the world
- Staying up-to-date on developments in food and nutrition policy, research and programs
- Shaping food and nutrition policy
- Identifying research collaborators
- Developing leadership skills and experiences
Be on the cutting edge of advocacy and policy in public health nutrition
- Learn what changes are happening in federal food and nutrition policy.
- Gain practical experience in advocacy.
- Develop policy to help APHA champion food and nutrition issues.
- Stay current on the latest public health nutrition research and news.
- Learn innovative practices from peers working in program development and evaluation.
- Connect with fellow Section members and peers on APHA Connect.
- Reap the benefits of the cross-sector perspective of the Food and Environment Working Group.
Develop a national network to further your career
- Take advantage of opportunities for mentorship and networking.
- Gain access to relevant job opportunities and professional development resources.
- Find collaborators for future projects.
- Meet friendly faces at Section meetings, APHA Annual Meeting and Exposition sessions and awards receptions.
Be a leader in public health nutrition
- Recommend topics and speakers for the APHA Annual Meeting.
- Influence the Section’s award nomination process.
- Develop your professional persona.
- Create lasting influence in public health nutrition through policy change, education and mentorship.