Follow us on Twitter @APHAfood
Policy and Advocacy
Sign up for APHA's action alerts and review their legislative updates and advocacy page to stay informed about important federal legislative activity and notable state legislative activity.
Find APHA policy statements and/or contact our Legislation and Policy Committee Chair(s) to help with researching, writing and revising content for a statement.
Additional policy and advocacy information can be obtained from The Food Research and Action Center.
Food and Nutrition Webinars
Webinars hosted by APHA sections are available to members. Here is a sample of some sponsored by the Food and Nutrition Section:
- Taking Action: Current Strategies, Projects, and Funding Initiatives in Rural, Tribal, and Urban Health Spaces in collaboration with the Association of State Public Health Nutritionists - ASPHN (2023)
- Building Knowledge: Summary of Priority Areas Outlined in the White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health and How Public Health Professionals are Centered in Implementation in collaboration with the Association of State Public Health Nutritionists - ASPHN (2023)
- Squeeze in Nutrition (2019)
- Applying Motivational Interviewing to Enhance Patient Follow-Through: A 2-part Series (2019)
- Let Your Voice be Heard in Nutrition Policy (2018)
- Career Opportunities in Public Health Nutrition (2018)
- Career and Professional Development Essentials (2018)
U.S. Government Resources
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Food and Drug Administration
Health Resources and Services Administration
National Institutes of Health: Nutrition Research Highlights
United States Department of Agriculture
Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion