Give the gift of APHA membership!
Do you know a student, recent graduate or colleague who could benefit from being part of the nation’s leading public health organization? An APHA membership is the perfect gift!
Take a few moments to follow the steps below, and your favorite public health pro will be networking with more than 25,000 public health peers right away.
How to Give an APHA Membership
- Step 1: Gather the contact information of the person you wish to receive the APHA membership, including full name, email, mailing address and phone.
- Step 2: Visit our Member Types and Rates page to determine what category of membership your gift recipient will qualify for.*
- Step 3: Decide if your gift recipient would like to opt out of the PDF version of the American Journal of Public Health. You’ll save $20 with the Economy Discount for all member types except Agency Individual.
- Step 4: Eureka! You’re ready to call in to make your gift. Call 1-877-396-APHA (2742) weekdays between 9 a.m. and 5:30 pm. Eastern Time to give one of our operators the gift recipient’s information and your credit card number. All information is processed in a secure system.**
- Step 5: Watch your email for a transaction receipt for your gift. Your gift recipient will also receive an email detailing the new membership.
- Step 6: Encourage your gift recipient to log in to apha.org to choose two free member Sections, access our award-winning publications, purchase books and professional development resources at a discount and much more!
Thank you for giving the gift of APHA to someone you care about in public health!
*If you are giving a gift of membership to someone who works for one of our Agency Members, please contact APHA Membership Services at 202-777-2400 or firstname.lastname@example.org to find out the appropriate agency code.
**At this time, gift memberships cannot be purchased online.