APHA Your Way aims to meet member needs, increase member engagement and be proactive about future public health needs. See all we have accomplished in our new infographic.
Join APHA to take advantage of many new opportunities for members.
We continue to work on these exciting improvements:
Update APHA’s data systems and technology.
APHA LEAD is our new online member community platform! We can’t wait to Learn, Engage, Advocate and Develop with you in the new home for public health professionals. Learn more.
Increase and improve mentoring programs.
APHA's dynamic new online tool Mentor Match is part of your APHA LEAD member-only platform. The system features:
- A searchable database, allowing registered mentees to search among registered mentors using criteria like geographic location, public health interest and career stage.
- An easy enrollment and mentor relationship tracking process.
- Mentoring resources to get you and your mentee started off right.
We need experienced public health professionals like you to make it work. Learn more.
Distinguished Leaders Mentoring Series
Our bi-monthly Distinguished Leaders Mentoring Series webinars give small groups of APHA members face-to-face time with some of the top names in public health. Members have the opportunity to meet with public health champions, learn about their career path and ask questions about your own.
Check out a recap video of the DLMS inaugural year. If you are a student or ECP member, check your email or LEAD communities for more information on how to register.
Here are some of the previous DLMS speakers:
- Durrell J. Fox, Consultant, Community Health Workers
- Emily Holubowich, Vice President, Federal Advocacy, American Heart Association
- Dr. Joseph Telfair, Professor and Associate Dean of Public Health Practice and Research, Georgia Southern University
- Martina "Tina" Hone, Former Chief Engagement Officer, City of Chicago
- Dr. Chris Chanyasulkit, APHA President and Adjunct Assistant Professor, Temple University
- Kaye Bender, PhD, RN, FAAN, Immediate Past-President of APHA
- Dawn Hunter, JD, MPH, CPH, Director of the Southeastern Region for the Network for Public Health Law
- Garth Graham, Head of Youtube Health, Google
Improve the onboarding of new members.
We host quarterly new member webinars to help new members get engaged quickly! More experienced members are welcome, too. Please check your email or LEAD communities for more information on how to register.
Facilitate leadership transition and engagement.
New leadership handbook in development! Additional leadership training is now available.
Diversify measurement and rewards.
To be developed in conjunction with updates to the APHA Strategic Plan.
Contact APHA Director of Membership Services Demond McWilliams.
Explore the data collection that informed APHA Your Way in LEAD.