A Poster Session is a graphic presentation of an author's research. Authors illustrate their findings by displaying graphs, photos, diagrams and a small amount of text on the poster boards. Poster Sessions will take place in the Public Health Expo. Authors will hold discussions with attendees who are circulating among the poster boards.
|There are no virtual presentations. All presenters must attend and present in Boston. If you cannot attend in person you may find an alternative presenter or withdraw your abstract.
- Poster presenters must be individual members of APHA and register for the meeting.
- Poster sessions are one hour long. During the session you will remain by your poster board and share your research with other attendees.
- Your poster is part of a session consisting of 10 posters.
- Posters may be set up 30 minutes before the start of the session.
- Presentations should be taken down within 30 minutes after the session ends. Display materials not removed following the conclusion of the session will be discarded.
- No audiovisual equipment is permitted for poster presentations.
- Thumbtacks will be available on-site for mounting the displays.
- A chair will be provided for each Poster Session presenter.
Poster Development Tips
- Posters must fit on a 4 feet tall by 8 feet wide mounted stands.
- Keep accessibility in-mind when designing your poster. Checkout our guidelines for accessible presentations.
- The material should be well labeled and legible from a distance of 10 to 15 feet away. Lettering should be bold. Use a large font sans serif font such as Veranda.
- Consider the Better Research Poster design for an easy to digest poster design.
Posters Printed, Laminated and Ready for Pick Up
There is no need to struggle through airport security with bulky poster carrying cases, pay for an extra carry-on, or to take the chance that your hard work and research will be lost/misplaced during your travels. Send your files digitally and pick up your poster on-site at the APHA Poster Distribution Desk. Once your presentation is finished, return your poster to the pickup desk for recycling, or we can ship it anywhere in the U.S. for $40.
Order from Research-Posters by September 18 for the best rates… use EARLYBIRD promo code.
Otherwise, order by October 19 (last day for guaranteed delivery)… use APHADISC promo code.
The Poster Distribution Desk will be conveniently located within APHA Place (the APHA Expo Hall).
Hours of operation are:
- Sunday: 12:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Monday: 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For More Information, visit at https://www.APHAPosters.com ~ APHA’s trusted partner for more than 15 years.