Students looking for real-world marketing experience are encouraged to apply for the marketing internship with the American Public Health Association. This intern will assist in planning and executing marketing campaigns across email, web and social media platforms in support of member retention, new membership acquisition, publication sales, education and awareness campaigns and advocacy activities.
This internship offers an excellent opportunity to learn and apply fundamental marketing skills. Examples of the work you’ll be focused on include:
- Coordinate prospecting/sales of ad space in the 2020 Get Ready Calendar;
- Assist with efforts to market the Annual Meeting and APHA Live;
- Interface with departments across the organization to understand their objectives and assist in the development of campaign strategies;
- Create/edit copy appropriate for online channels;
- Monitor activities on social media platforms including Facebook and Linked-in;
- Analyze campaign results, develop summary reports and identify improvements.
- All APHA interns also work on the Association’s Get Ready campaign, writing blog posts and working on group projects each semester.
Excellent written and oral communication skills. Strong analytic skills – ability to sort through data and draw the right conclusions. Experience with deadlines and managing projects to completion. Knowledge of/desire to learn marketing, advertising and social media.
To assure that the intern maximizes her or his experience, we require that students work a minimum of four days a week. Start and end times are negotiable.