ATTENTION Business/Marketing Interns:
Have you been looking for a way to develop and apply business/marketing strategies to real world situations? Have you been looking to build your resume with communication, marketing and office experience before you step out into the job market?
If so, the American Public Health Association has the opportunity for you!
A business/marketing internship with the APHA Membership and Component Affairs Department will offer you the chance to gain experience that, coupled with formal education, will place you on top of a competitive job market.
You will learn and participate in:
- Membership recruitment and retention
- Social Network Administration
- Writing and implementing a marketing plan
- Database Management
- Quantitative data collection
- Qualitative data collection
- SWOT Analysis
- Internal/External Matrix
- Creating and writing promotional pieces
- Writing blogs for Public Health Campaigns
- Office experience
- Get Ready campaign public events
You will also work closely with and be mentored by the director of Component Affairs.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, submit your cover letter along with your resume, indicating your specific area of interest and expertise, as well as your availability and schedule, to Caitlin Sarlo. Opportunities for internships are available year-round and are unpaid.