APHA is a diverse community of public health professionals who champion the health of all people and all communities. Our activities are guided by three overarching priority areas:
2019 Advocacy Priorities
- Strengthen funding for public health agencies and programs including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Health Resources and Services Administration
- Expand access to comprehensive affordable health coverage and services by upholding the Affordable Care Act, supporting innovative efforts to further expand access to coverage and services and protecting vital safety net programs
- Support efforts to address the health impacts of climate change
- Address the public health threats from gun violence by supporting universal background checks and funding for public health research into firearm morbidity and mortality prevention
- Maintain strong public health regulations and oppose efforts to weaken regulations including those impacting child nutrition, reproductive health and environmental health and safety
Take action on APHA's advocacy priorities.