Every two years, the Coalition against Typhoid, based at the Sabin Vaccine Institute, convenes the International Conference on Typhoid and Other Invasive Salmonelloses. The event brings together researchers, policymakers and advocates to invigorate and coordinate the global response to typhoid and other invasive salmonelloses by:
- Advancing the knowledge base through disseminating new data on typhoid and other invasive salmonelloses epidemiology in endemic countries.
- Sharing and promoting best practices and strategies in the implementation of prevention and control methods for typhoid and other invasive salmonelloses
- Catalyzing the uptake and roll-out of the typhoid conjugate vaccine (TCV).
- Equipping participants with tools to contribute to national, regional and global advocacy efforts in the fight against typhoid and other invasive salmonelloses.
- Fostering partnerships across sectors and regions to strengthen prevention and control efforts for typhoid and other invasive salmonelloses.
The 2023 conference will take place in Kigali, Rwanda at the Kigali Marriot Hotel, Dec. 5-7, under the theme Catalyzing Change: The Urgency of Expanding Impact-Driven Solutions.