Welcome to the Injury Control and Emergency Health Services Section! Our Section embraces all professionals interested in unintentional injury, violence, emergency health services and emergency preparedness.
At over 650 members and growing, our Section works to advance injury prevention and control research, training, advocacy, policy and programming. We are a multidisciplinary Section that includes experts in epidemiology, medicine and research within a wide range of injury issues, from intentional to unintentional injuries impacting every segment of the population. We are invested in training and supporting the next generation of advocates and practitioners in our field. Join our Section to get more fully engaged with issues critical to your work, to network with colleagues and to enhance opportunities to present your work.
Short on time? You can still be more involved in our Section:
- Respond to an advocacy alert.
- Post field-related information or opportunities on your online community/listserv.
- Write an article for our Section's News & Events page.
- Encourage a colleague to join APHA.
- Review abstracts.
- Join a committee (advocacy, communication, membership, etc.)
Contact Jacob Kopp to learn more.
For leadership contact information, log in to APHA LEAD using your member credentials.