The APHA Community Health Workers Section actively promotes the voice of community health workers within health care and public health systems and in communities by providing a forum to share resources and strategies. The Section provides opportunities for mentorship and networking, collaboration, education and advocacy.
The CHW Section provides opportunities for leadership, mentorship, networking, collaboration, education, and advocacy. Joining allows you to stay up to date on the latest public health and community health worker news and activities. As a member of the APHA CHW Section, you will be able to:
- Access a larger national network of community health workers.
- Attend APHA's Annual Meeting and Expo for the greatly discounted member rate, and save big on APHA Now.
- Present your work at the Annual Meeting.
- Become an abstract reviewer.
- Enjoy full access to the latest public health news and research via the American Journal of Public Health and the award-winning newspaper The Nation's Health.
- Receive the latest public health news and advocacy alerts through member-only newsletters, Inside Public Health and Legislative Updates.
- Expand your knowledge through APHA member-only webinars.
Find out more about the benefits of joining APHA.