The APHA CHW Section offers several awards each year to individual CHWs. These awards:
- Recognize CHWs' dedication to their work and their efforts to benefit their community and clients;
- Raise awareness of the profile of CHWs in the U.S. and other countries;
- Promote group work by acknowledging collectively undertaken initiatives and encouraging groups to improve their overall programming;
- Provide cross-country recognition for innovative and high quality programs;
- Provide an opportunity for the APHA CHW Section to be more known, leading to increased Section membership and giving us a stronger voice within APHA.
For more information on deadlines and materials for this award, contact Rumana Rabbani.
CHW SECTION SCHOLARSHIPS
With funding from the Harold and Grace Sewell Trust Fund, the CHW Section offers scholarships to community health workers to attend APHA Annual Meetings. The scholarships honors the important work of grass-roots advocates who promote health in their communities. We want to bring your knowledge, experience, and commitment to APHA. Scholarship awardees receive funding to help pay for transportation, room and board, meals and registration fees.