APHA is looking for a membership marketing intern to take ownership of two far-reaching new recruitment initiatives. These programs involve marketing a new agency membership program as well as a new school of public health student membership program. Main duties include the following:
- Identify agencies likely to benefit from APHA membership, such as state and local health departments and nongovernmental, nonprofit organizations.
- Identify schools of public health contacts with whom to correspond regarding the new student membership initiative.
- Establish initial contact with agencies and schools via phone.
- Create welcome documents, outreach emails, etc.
- Provide potential new members with applications, information, etc.
- Track communications with prospects using Excel, Access or the like.
- Continue communication with agency/school contacts until a result is achieved (positive or negative).
- Import new members into member database.
- Participate in Get Ready campaign public events.
Qualified candidates will be pursuing a degree in marketing, communications and have:
- Excellent verbal and written communcation skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Advanced organizational skills.
- Interest in working in public health/with public health professionals.