Join the Council of Affiliates as it kicks off APHA's 2019 Annual Meeting and Expo with the CoA Awards Reception on Saturday, Nov. 2, in Philadelphia.
Get your ticket when you register for the Annual Meeting. But hurry, as early-bird pricing ends Sept. 14.
Want to show support for the CoA and help the reception and scholarships program thrive? Consider sponsoring the event.
Learn more about ticketing and sponsorship opportunities with these Frequently Asked Questions.
About the Council of Affiliates
The Council of Affiliates was formed to promote efficient and effective communication and coordination of affiliate activities and affairs with APHA. The CoA:
- Promotes active involvement of affiliates in APHA programs and activities through effective communication;
- Keeps APHA informed of affiliate activities, advocating for involvement and assistance when needed;
- Identifies and works to resolve affiliate concerns;
- Maintains working relationships with the Executive Board and Governing Council as well as with other APHA groups and committees including the Inter-Sectional Council;
- Organizes and conducts several activities every year at APHA's Annual Meeting, including:
Plan and coordinate joint meetings of affiliate and section members at APHA’s midyear meeting and annual meeting; and
Works collaboratively with APHA affiliate staff.
- Affiliate Day
- CoA Awards Reception
- Candidates Forum
- Scientific Sessions (3)
- Poster Sessions (graduate, undergraduate and affiliate)
The CoA Chairperson serves as an ex officio member of the APHA Executive Board and is a voting member of the Executive Board.
Council of Affiliates members
Affiliate Online Community Guide (PDF)
Council of Affiliates 2018 Annual Report (PDF)
Council of Affiliates Organizational Chart (PDF)
For additional information, please contact: