The American Public Health Association champions the health of all people and all communities. We are the only organization that combines a 150-year perspective, a broad-based member community and the ability to influence policy to improve the public's health.
The Human Resources Unit is currently looking for a Human Resources Intern to join our team! This position is ideal for students looking to obtain experience in Human Resources by exploring a variety of HR-related projects. APHA internships are unpaid and located in Washington, DC.
How You Will Contribute & Responsibilities:
- Support and manage APHA internship program.
- Research professional development and diversity inclusion best practices.
- Assist with special HR projects (e.g., develop SOPs for HR, supervisors and employees, enhance APHA intern orientation onboarding process, etc.).
- Provide HR administrative support to HR team, and coordinate employee engagement events.
- Document processes and procedures that may increase administrative efficiencies.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Be a rising sophomore, junior or senior pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related fields.
- Have advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Possess intellectual curiosity for the intersection of organizational effectiveness and talent management.
- Show initiative and an interest in applying problem-solving skills.
- Creative and think outside the box.
- Be detail-oriented and collaborate with others.
- Have strong organizational, project management and communication skills.
- Team player.
Duration: 6 months; up 20 hours a week in the fall or spring; and/or up to 35 hours a week in the summer. Must be willing to work two days in the office.