Housing For APHA 2021
Join us in Denver! Check out the list of official APHA hotels. Plan to book your stay with an official APHA hotel for the best rates and most convenient locations. Most official hotels are a short distance from the convention center (less than one mile).
Beware of Housing Scams
Spargo, Inc. is the official housing vendor for the APHA Annual Meeting and does not solicit. Tech-savvy scammers create fake reservations and websites that look legitimate. If you book through these sites, you run the risk of arriving and not having a hotel room. Make sure you are starting from an apha.org or jspargo.com web page when you begin your housing process. Never book from an email that does not come from an apha.org or spargoinc.com email address.
Denver Travel Information
There are plenty of options for traveling to and around Denver. Please be aware of the distance to the Colorado Convention Center from airports and train stations. Consider taking mass transportation (see more below) especially during peak traffic areas.
International Travel and Visa Information
APHA 2021 offers two ways to participate: in-person and online. Here is some helpful information for international visitors traveling to and from the United States.
- Advance planning by the traveler is essential to receive a visa in time for their visit to the United States. General information about obtaining a visa can be found on the U.S. Department of State website.
- There are several steps to apply for a visa. The order of these steps and how you complete them may vary at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you apply. It is best to check out your Embassy's website before you begin the process. Be aware that there is a non-refundable visa application fee.
- A step-by-step visa application process can be found on the U.S. Department of State website.
- For the 38 countries in the Visa Waiver Program, citizens meeting the visa waiver criteria will not need a visa, but they must have a machine-readable passport and meet all visa waiver requirements.
- Remember, plan early, do your research and be prepared. Understanding the process before you apply will help guarantee your success. For more detailed information about U.S. visas, visit https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en.html.
Letters of Invitation
If you require a letter of invitation for visa purposes, you must:
- Register and submit payment for the Annual Meeting.
- Generate a letter of invitation using your registration ID from your confirmation letter.
(If you have not registered but require a letter of invitation, please email APHA.)
Note: In the event that a visa application is denied, please provide documentation to APHA confirming the denial. APHA will refund the registration fees in full upon receipt of documentation. After the Sept. 16 cancelation deadline, no refunds will be issued, and your registration will be converted to virtual-only. See Cancellation Policy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Contact the Annual Meeting team