On this final day of Civic Health Month 2021, join us for a timely conversation about the relationship between voting and health. Speakers will discuss powerful conceptual frameworks, and share novel partnerships aimed at improving the health of people in our democracy and the health of democracy itself.
The webinar will:
- Explain why voting is a powerful political determinant of health.
- Introduce a set of practices to build our collective capacity to address political determinants and to assure the conditions for health for all.
- Explore the Health and Democracy Index, a new tool to illustrate the connection between voting and health.
- Share opportunities for action to improve civic engagement and advance health equity.
- Close with a Q&A and calls to action.
- Georges Benjamin, MD, Executive Director, APHA
- Jeanne Ayers, RN, MPH, Executive Director, Healthy People Healthy Democracy Initiative
- Aliya Bhatia, MPP, Chief Operating Officer, Vot-ER
- Daniel Dawes, JD, Executive Director, Satcher Health Leadership Institute, Morehouse School of Medicine
- Dawn Hunter, JD, MPH, CPH, Southeastern Region Director, Network for Public Health Law
Questions? Contact Alina Baciu and Aliya Bhatia.
Presented by APHA, Civic Health Month, Healthy Democracy Healthy People and the Roundtable on Population Health Improvement