APHA Student Assembly 2020 National Student Meeting Supplement
See how much of a success the APHA National Student Meeting was!
Call for ABSTRACTS: APHA 2021 Annual Meeting!
Abstract Submission for 2021 Annual Meeting in Denver opens Jan. 4, 2021. Abstracts from all areas of public health are welcomed but submission related to the 2021 meeting theme, "Creating the Healthiest Nation: Strengthening Social Connectedness" is also strongly encouraged — more info coming soon. Check back for more updates and information!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
For leadership contact information, log into APHA Connect using your member credentials.
STUDENT ASSEMBLY'S NATIONAL STUDENT MEETING
The 19th Annual National Student Meeting on Oct. 24 during APHA's Virtual Annual Meeting and Expo was a great success!! Attendees heard from multiple public health professionals working to improve health in their local, regional and national communities, including:
- A panel on COVID-19; Education moving from in-person to a virtual classroom
- Multiple public health experts speaking on racial and sexual based discrimination
- Student networking opportunities
If you missed this year national student meeting, look at our 2020 National Student Meeting Supplement (link provided above). We hope to see you all at next years meeting!
THE APHA STUDENT ASSEMBLY ANNUAL MEETING SCHOLARSHIP
Thank you to everyone who applied! Check back for the 2021 application cycle.
The scholarship is open to all current APHA student members who meet the following criteria:
- APHA student members who attend college or university AND have a current active APHA membership. International students attending school in the United States as well as outside the United States are eligible. Undergraduate students must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours and graduate students must be enrolled in at least 3 credit hours. School enrollment must be verified by including a transcript of the current or approaching semester.
- APHA members who graduated during the 2020 calendar year AND are APHA student members. School enrollment or graduation must be verified by including a transcript of the 2020 semester or quarter prior to graduation or a graduation certificate.
- Employees and contractors of the American Public Health Association and their families are not eligible to participate or win a prize. Applicants must be current (not lapsed) American Public Health Association members, which will be verified with the provided member identification number.
To complete the application, you must submit:
- An essay shorter than 500 words
- A recent color, preferably professional photograph of yourself
- Recent transcript (unofficial are accepted)
APHA Student Assembly 2019-2020 Year in Review
The Year in Review shows what the Student Assembly accomplished during the 2019-2020 year. This past year was a great one filled with great opportunities and events. This year we hope to take it even up a notch.