The Epidemiology Section fosters epidemiologic research and science-based public health practice. It serves as a conduit between the epidemiologic research community and users of scientific information for the development, implementation and evaluation of policies affecting the public's health.
Chair: Christine Arcari, PhD, MPH
Chair-Elect: Victor Ilegbodu, MD, PhD, MPH
Immediate Past-Chair: Tiffany Gary-Webb, PhD, MHS
Program Committee Chair: Kesha Baptiste-Roberts, PhD, MPH
Program Co-Chair: Siobhan Maty, PhD, MPH, CPH
Nomination Chair: Tiffany Gary-Webb, PhD, MHS
Communications Chair: Charlotte Hughes-Huntley, PhD, MPH
APHA LEAD Administrator: Kayla Wilson, MPH, CPH
Web Editor: Kayla Wilson, MPH, CPH
Social Media Coordinator: Charlotte Hughes-Huntley, PhD, MPH
Student Liaison: Sharonda M. Lovett, MPH, CPH, CHES
Newsletter Editors: Charlotte Hughes-Huntley, PhD, MPH and Ramzi Nahhas PhD
Award Chair: Victor Ilegbodu, MD, PhD, MPH
Booth Coordinator: Suparna Navale, PhD, MS, MPH
Mentoring Co-Chair: Toby Levin, PHD, MPH, CHES
Mentoring Co-Chair: Guang Xu, PhD, MPH
Secretary: Kayla Wilson, MPH, CPH
If you are interested in becoming involved in any of the above committees, please consider signing up here!
For leadership contact information, log in to APHA LEAD using your member credentials.
- Kathryn Marwitz
- Arsham Alamian
- Ambericent Cornett
- Joel Begay
- Toby Levin
- Ketrell McWhorter
- Fnu Namrata
- Suparna Navale
- Kerese Whyte-Phillips
- Wiley Jenkins
- William Eger
- Laurie Elam-Evans
- Sara Abdalla
- James Gaudino
- Kesha Baptiste-Roberts
- JacKetta Cobbs
- Ramzi Nahhas
- Hoisum Nguyen
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Network with other epidemiologists.
- Have an impact on national health policy supported by APHA.
- Participate in Epidemiology Section leadership.
- Influence the Epidemiology Section program at the APHA Annual Meeting.
Short on time? Consider other ways to be more involved in our Section:
- Respond to an advocacy alert.
- Post field-related information or opportunities on your online community/listserv.
- Encourage a colleague to join APHA.
- Review abstracts.
- Join a committee (advocacy, communication, membership, etc.).
- Participate in our monthly business meetings.
Epidemiology Section Awards:
The Epidemiology Section Awards are an opportunity to recognize Epidemiologists for major accomplishments and contributions to epidemiology and public health. Annually, the Epidemiology section presents four awards:
1. The Abraham Lilienfeld Award recognizes excellence in the teaching of epidemiology during the course of a career.
2. The Public Health Practice Award recognizes the use of epidemiologic methods in an innovative and creative public health program or project.
3. The John Snow Award recognizes an outstanding epidemiologist for excellence in epidemiologic practice or research.
4. The Wade Hampton Frost Lectureship Award recognizes a person who has made a significant contribution to addressing a public health issue of major importance by applying epidemiologic methods.
To nominate someone for one of the above awards, please email Tiffany Gary-Webb or Christine Arcari with the nominee's name and CV.
Public Health Epidemiology Careers Podcast
Hosted by Dr. Charlotte H Huntley, this podcast explores the careers and experiences of epidemiologists in all stages of their careers. Subscribe, listen and enjoy weekly here!