The LGBTQ Health Caucus (Est. 1975) is an association of public health professionals committed to furthering LGBTQ issues within APHA and the field of public health at large. The Caucus is committed to combating discriminatory health policies, systems and practices against sexual and gender minority individuals and communities. The LGBTQ Health Caucus provides a forum for educational exchange and networking among its members and their allies. The Caucus aims to:
- Deliver a robust — and often the only — LGBTQ Health Scientific Program at the APHA Annual Meeting.
- Provide the opportunity for APHA members and other professionals to learn about LGBTQ public health related issues.
- Ensure LGBTQ public health issues are addressed within APHA and the field of public health.
- Develop the next generation of LGBTQ health practitioners and researchers.
- Advocate for APHA policy positions and practices that are affirming and beneficial to the LGBTQ community.
Chair and Caucus Collaborative Representative: Aaron Guest
Chair-Elect: Casper Voyles
Immediate Past Chair: Javontae Williams
Program Chair: Madina Agenor, ScD, MPH
Governing Council Representative and Policy Chair: Christina Dragon
Membership Chair: Kristen D. Clark, MSN, RN
Secretary: Allegra Gordon
Student Chair: April Ancheta
Treasurer: Adam B. Eickmeyer
Follow us on Twitter @LGBTQ_APHA
Like our facebook page: The LGBTQ Caucus of the American Public Health Association @APHALGBTQ
For additional information reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For leadership contact information, log into APHA Connect using your member credentials.