The Campaign for the Public's Health
Sign up to get involved
The American Public Health Association has embarked with partners, the CDC Foundation, W.K. Kellogg Foundation and the COVID Collaborative on a monumental joint effort to ensure health, equity and well-being for all.
The project is coordinated by the Alliance for Disease Prevention and Response, a cross-sector network of organizations, supported by APHA, seeking to align national efforts to improve public health and health equity.
This new effort is a two-pronged initiative to determine where large-scale collaboration can take place to strengthen public health systems and optimally support local coalitions that engage communities in health improvement.
Public Health and Equity Resource Navigator
The Alliance is pleased to announce the beta launch of the Public Health and Equity Resource Navigator (PHERN) on Community Commons.
- In a collaborative effort with IP3, we have made accessible hundreds of resources focused on ending the pandemic, advancing equity, and building a resilient, robust, sustainable public health system for the future--and that list is growing! Please add your resources and voice with this 5-minute survey.
- PHERN enables easy searching and browsing of the resources by keywords, organization and type. Over the next few months, as we prepare to launch PHERN's dedicated website, we will continue to add resources, search functionality and more. Stay tuned!
Network Mapping Project
Explore our Network
This tool seeks to map and categorize the ongoing work and organizations and initiatives involved in public health, prevention, and equity in order to
- Facilitate collaboration among existing and new partners to inform and align efforts
- Share lessons and innovations with public health, health care, and community partners
- Create strategy cohesion and civic engagement by partners and communities
The map will evolve and grow with input from our partners and you!
Challenges to Public Health Authority
We are working with the Alliance and key partners to support our state affiliate's work to protect public health and public health authority.
Explore our public health authority toolkit with resources on legislative tracking, advocacy, communications, preemption and more!
Learn more about specific advocacy related topics through our webinar series:
Keeping Our Communities Safe and Thriving: The Role of Public Health
Watch the latest discussions with the Alliance for Disease Prevention and Response.