Center for Professional Development, Public Health Systems and Partnerships
The Learning and Professional Development unit is committed to promoting the well-being and education of local, state, national and global residents of the world.
Continuing Education constitutes a core activity of the American Public Health Association. The mission of the LPDP unit is to maintain and enhance professional knowledge, to increase technical proficiencies, and to enable members to promote and protect environmental and community health via professional development resources.
The intern will work directly with the Learning and Professional Development coordinator.
In general, the intern’s duties are as follows:
- Updates the Learning and Professional Development website.
- Assists with the management of the online CE database.
- Assists with the coordination of educational activities.
- Works with the APHA Education Board.
- Assists with material development for Learning Institutes.
- Participates in Get Ready campaign public events.
The intern must have outstanding organizational and writing skills. Both undergraduate and graduate students are encouraged to apply. To ensure that the intern maximizes her/his experience, candidates must be willing to work a minimum of 20 hours a week.