APHA is committed to reducing the environmental impact of the Annual Meeting and finding ways to be more eco-friendly and responsible. Help us minimize the impact of APHA 2018 on the environment.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
1. Ditch the disposables — Bring a refillable water bottle and thermos to use.
2. Eat Local — Ask for organic, locally grown produce, free-range or "wild-caught" fish and meats and antibiotic-free foods when ever possible. The Eat Well Guide lists restaurants committed to changing food culture in San Diego.
3. Sleep Green — Book your hotel while registering to secure hotels with sustainable programs. Take advantage of linen re-use programs.
4. Go Digital — Skip the printed Final Schedule. Gain access to full meeting details through the mobile app.
5. Follow the Conversation — Use #APHA2018 and #SpeakForHealth in your posts to connect with APHA. Follow the hashtag to learn about what APHA is doing and how you can get involved.
Annual Meeting Green Initiatives
Each year we implement more green initiatives, hoping to make our meeting more eco-friendly than the year before. We're happy to encourage sustainability through practice. At APHA, our environmental health programs highlight the connection between healthy communities and healthy people.
Don't forget to bring your walking shoes to the Annual Meeting. Join us in reducing emissions and promoting safe walking to improve health by joining the Steps Challenge. More information on the steps goal and signup will be available closer to the meeting.
See what else APHA and some of our partners are doing to respond to environmental concerns.