The thousands of public health professionals who come together make APHA's Annual Meeting and Expo a must-attend. APHA brings together people and organizations who make a difference from the global level to the local level including:
- past surgeons general.
- top health organizations from around the world.
- state and local health departments.
- advocates and emerging leaders in public health.
- university faculty.
- and, public health professionals like you who are helping to create the healthiest nation!
Convince your employer that APHA's Annual Meeting and Expo is the place to be!
Your experience at the meeting is equal parts educational and engaging. Our goal is for you to leave the meeting feeling inspired. With the knowledge you gain from the Annual Meeting, you'll be eager to tackle the challenges in your organization with the latest trends and best practices. Complete this justification letter (Word file) and share it with your supervisor to prove the value of attending the meeting.
Get the most out of the Annual Meeting
LEARN — Develop fresh ideas and find or renew your enthusiasm for public health.
Plan to attend key sessions and events like the:
- Opening, Monday and Closing General Sessions led by passionate keynote speakers.
- Social Media Lab where you'll rub elbows with social media experts to learn savvy strategies to use in your organization.
- APHA Learning Institutes, intense and interactive courses where you can maximize the Continuing Education credits you earn.
NETWORK — Meet with like-minded professionals that share your passion for public health. Feed off of the motivational energy and be inspired to start new projects with your peers.
INVEST — Take your career to the next level! Students, early-career professionals, or attendees looking to make a career change should visit APHA's Public Health CareerMart Career Guidance Center.
CONNECT — Visit the world's largest Public Health Expo and meet with hundreds of exhibitors from leading organizations.
- Walk the hall and network with schools and programs of public health.
- Attend book signings in APHA Press.
- Check out poster presentations.
- Take an exclusive sneak-peek at innovative products and services from exhibitors in the Industry Expert Theater and more.
HAVE FUN — Unwind at the Wellness Center. Relax with a chair massage, renew your energy with fun workouts and dance breaks and refresh your mind with innovative stress relief exercises and activities. Don't miss the APHA Dance! If you don't know the steps, watch the tutorial!
Public health professionals love our Annual Meeting:
"It's a great opportunity to learn about cutting-edge research and everything that's going on...the latest and greatest in the public health space."
--Erika Goldberg, Massachusetts
"Witnessing how diverse and dedicated the public health workforce is was extremely inspiring."
--Sara Abdelhalim, California
"I met with public health leaders and had a great time learning from their experiences and professionalism."
--Kadek Dioi Rahayu, Indonesia