We can sum it up in one thought: The people.
The thousands of public health professionals coming together make APHA's Annual Meeting and Expo a must-attend event.
We bring together the people who make a difference:
- at the global and national levels, including past surgeons general and heads of health organizations around the world.
- at the state and tribal levels including leaders from state and local health departments.
- in the education of the next leaders in public health, including professors and deans from the leading public health schools and programs.
- on the ground each day. YOU!!
Make it easy for your employer to approve your attendance. Complete this justification letter (available Spring 2017) and then share it with your supervisor to prove the value of attending APHA 2017.
There are so many great opportunities at APHA 2017. Here are a few:
- LEARN new skills — stay up to date with the latest trends and best practices.
- NETWORK with your peers — get inspired to do something new or get encouraged that you're already on the right track!
EARN Continuing Education credits (additional fees apply).
- UPGRADE your career — whether you're just starting out in public health or looking to make a change, APHA's Public Health CareerMart Career Guidance Center can help.
- VISIT the world's largest Public Health Expo — learn about hundreds of products and services, meet with solution providers, make new contacts, connect with APHA staff and much more.
Why attend? Let some of our attendees tell you:
"It's a great opportunity to learn about cutting-edge research and everything that's going on...the latest and greatest in the public health space."
--Erika Goldberg, Massachusetts
"Witnessing how diverse and dedicated the public health workforce is was extremely inspiring."
--Sara Abdelhalim, California
"I met with public health leaders and had a great time learning from their experience and professionalism."
--Kadek Dioi Rahayu, Indonesia