The American Public Health Association is now accepting abstracts for oral and poster presentations for the 150th Annual Meeting and Expo in Boston, Nov. 6-9, 2022. Authors are encouraged to submit abstracts on the meeting theme — "150 Years of Creating the Healthiest Nation: Leading the Path Toward Equity" — and current and emerging public health issues.
For 2022, APHA is using Hubb as our new abstract submission system. You can log in with your current APHA account (members and non-members) or create a new account if you have no previous account with APHA.
APHA 2022 will be an in-person meeting.
For general presenter questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review the Call for Abstracts for each APHA member group* (and Learning Institutes). Once you determine where your abstract best fits, follow the link to the online submission form.
Tip: APHA suggests abstracts be developed and finalized off-line in a program such as Microsoft Word for ease of editing and then copied into the online submission form.
Looking for the Call for Films at APHA 2022?
2022 Timeline and Deadlines
More items and deadlines will be added as finalized.
||Call for Abstracts opens
||Abstract submission deadline - 11:59 PM (PDT)
|Abstract status notification email sent to all submitters.
||APHA 2022 Pre-Meeting Sessions and Events
|Nov. 6 - 9
||APHA 2022 Annual Meeting and Expo
Rules and regulations
- It is the policy of the American Public Health Association to hold events (meetings, conferences, and professional gatherings) where physical and communication barriers do not exclude people with disabilities from attending and participating. Presentations must be accessible to all including closed captioning of videos.
- Submission of an abstract constitutes a commitment by the presenting author to present their work if the abstract is accepted.
- You do not have to be a member to submit an abstract. However, if your abstract is accepted for presentation, the presenting author MUST become an individual APHA member and MUST register for the Annual Meeting. The membership requirement does not apply to APHA Learning Institutes faculty or invited session speakers. Discounted individual membership rates are available to employees of Agency/Organization Members.
- Session organizers and moderators are required to register for the meeting.
- APHA records presentations for on-demand viewing. The recordings will also be available for sale after the meeting. There is no option to present and not be recorded. Please keep this in mind when determining if/what to present.
- Abstracts submitted and accepted for the APHA Annual Meeting may not be presented at any other meeting (unless presented internally within your organization/university) or published prior to November 2022. It is the author's responsibility to submit their paper to a journal for publication after the meeting. Guidelines for manuscript submissions to the American Journal of Public Health.
- Word count for abstract text must be 250 or less unless otherwise noted in the section’s Call for Abstracts instructions.
- Authors submitting abstracts are responsible for ensuring that all authors listed on the abstract have been notified of the submission.
- Each abstract will be blind reviewed by the 2022 Review Committee, and decisions to accept or reject abstracts rest with the Program Chair of your section.
- You may review, modify, or withdraw your abstract any time before April 30, 11:59 (PDT).
- Program Chairs will determine presentation format and time.
- Presenters who fail to show up for their scheduled presentations without notifying the Program Chair of cancellation will not be permitted to present papers or posters at any APHA-sponsored meeting for two years following the "no-show."
- Copyright issues: Speakers who use original work (pictures, charts, graphs, videos, etc.) in their presentation must cite the original source. If you are drawing heavily on another source, it is your responsibility to seek permission to use the material.
- An author may not present more than three abstracts during an APHA Annual Meeting, and each abstract must be different. Duplicate submissions will not be accepted. Violators will be removed from the program.
- Presenters whose abstracts were accepted for presentation but subsequently withdrew their abstracts two or more times within the last five years may be excluded from the program.
*APHA Member Groups Calls for Abstracts