A Healthy People 2020 Spotlight on Health Webinar
Participants in this webinar will discuss:
- The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommendation on blood glucose and type 2 diabetes screening
- Provider referral to evidence-based diabetes prevention programs
- Medicare's focus on diabetes prevention programs
You’ll also hear from a federally qualified health center in Texas that has improved rates of screening and referral for adults with prediabetes who are at risk for diabetes.
Diabetes affects an estimated 30 million people in the United States. Diabetes screening and referral to diabetes prevention programs are proven strategies for preventing or delaying the onset of type 2 diabetes in people at high risk for developing the disease.
This webinar will highlight two Healthy People 2020 objectives:
- Reduce the annual number of new cases of diagnosed diabetes in the population.
- Increase prevention behaviors in persons at high risk for diabetes with prediabetes by increasing levels of physical activity, reducing the amount of fat or calories in their diets, and losing weight.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.