Creating real community change requires planning, communication, and a deep understanding of your audience. Overwhelmed? Don’t worry. The Building Community Resilience initiative has developed several planning and communication tools to help you foster engagement between grassroots community services and public and private systems.
These tools have been tested by BCR’s five community coalitions who are using these tools to work with partners, policymakers and community members to address Adverse Childhood Experiences and Adverse Community Environments – the Pair of ACEs.
Whether it’s working with local schools on how to be trauma-informed or helping community and business leaders understand their role in building community resilience, these tools will help you identify your audiences’ priorities, spark dialogue, gain knowledge about the local political landscape, and, ultimately, make change happen.
- Gain an understanding of the BCR Messaging Guide.
- Explore tools to develop messages, target specific audiences, and develop impactful communication plans.
- Understand the benefits of an extensive network and diverse partnerships.
- Learn how to gather information, track relationships, and monitor the political process.
- Hear how several of the BCR coalitions used these tools in their ACEs efforts.
Questions? Contact Kuan-Lung Daniel Chen.