The Annual Meeting is full of opportunities for students and individuals who are just starting their career. Make the most of your experience by preparing for the meeting before you arrive.
Don't miss the Navigate and Network orientation on Sunday. Learn how to maximize your time at the meeting and network like a pro. You'll also learn about highlighted, must-attend events taking place. Previous attendees are welcome and are sure to learn something new!
Career Opportunities and Networking
- Bring business cards and/or resumes. You never know who you'll meet at the Annual Meeting.
- APHA's Public Health CareerMart will host its Career Guidance Center in the Public Health Expo. Sign up ahead of time to meet with a career coach (additional fees apply) or meet with employers. The Public Health CareerMart is available all year long.
- Set a goal to meet at least five new people every day. Exchange information and follow up after the meeting.
- Take a professional headshot for your LinkedIn profile at Everything APHA. Remember to keep your appearance clean and wear neutral colors. Here are a few tips to help you prepare:
- Avoid prints or seasonal looks.
- Keep makeup light and clean.
- Avoid sheer tops and make sure your shoulders and arms are covered.
- Use and bring moisturizer to keep your face moisturized for the photo.
APHA will host an Early-Career Professionals' Roundtable Session (details to come). You don't want to miss this opportunity to meet with public health leaders.
All student members are part of APHA's Student Assembly — the nation's largest student-led organization dedicated to furthering the development of public health students. If you're not a member, join to build your network, save on the meeting's registration fees and more.
APHA's Student Assembly hosts a number of sessions and events during the Annual Meeting. These events are a great way to meet other students and APHA leaders. Don't forget to add Student Assembly sessions and events to your schedule.