Host a reception or business meeting during APHA's 2019 Annual Meeting and Expo. The meeting engages with nearly 13,000 public health professionals, including your clients, alumni, partners and prospects. Become part of the largest public health event of the year.
APHA sessions and events will be held at the Pennsylvania Convention Center and the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown. APHA will do its best to accommodate all requests but cannot guarantee space availability until group needs are reviewed.
Complete an application (PDF) to reserve your room.
Related organizations agree to abide by all operational policies and procedures that guide and govern APHA.
- Business meetings and social hours may not be scheduled during the Opening, Monday or Closing General Sessions or any other scientific session time slots, and must adhere to the times outlined on the application.
- Related Organizations may not hold independent scientific sessions at APHA’s Annual Meeting.
- Cancellation Penalty: 50% of total or $200, whichever is greater. No refunds after Sept. 13.
- A separate and complete application must be submitted for each event.
- Requests are on a space available basis and are not guaranteed.
- APHA reserves the right to relocate any room assignment. Please do not publish the location of your event(s) until after Sept. 13.
- Related Organizations must cover the cost of any food & beverage and audiovisual equipment ordered for their event(s) as well as any room set up and break down requests beyond the standard APHA room set options.
- Audiovisual equipment must be ordered through APHA’s official audiovisual providers. Forms will be sent to the main contact once space has been confirmed.
- APHA has the right to leave AV equipment, podiums and head tables in rooms during Related Organization events. The equipment and materials are not to be used by Related Organizations unless ordered.
- Related Organizations will incur additional charges for equipment added on-site.
- Related Organizations that apply for meeting space agree to provide APHA with a current mailing list of their members, in an Excel format, which will ONLY be used once by APHA to promote the current year's Annual Meeting.
Standard room sets are conference, theater or reception. Specific rooms are selected based on the estimated attendance for the event and use of room prior to the Related Organization event.
A listing of the Related Organization event(s), including date, time and location will be published in the Final Program under Business Meetings/Social Hours (if received by early Sept.) and in the APHA Online Program and Mobile App. If a related organization chooses not to utilize official APHA meeting space at the convention center or contracted hotels, their event will not be listed in the final program.
Food & beverage information (if applicable) will be provided directly by the assigned property in July.
Fees and Requirements:
- The fee schedule and rates for all Related Organizations can be found in the Annual Meeting's Related Organization Application. Payment must be made within 30 days of the invoice order date or space will be released.
Other opportunities to reach attendees: