Join APHA members, Affiliates and other advocates in educating members
of Congress on important public health issues that help build and
maintain healthy communities. During congressional recess, reach out to
your congressional leaders to express support for protecting critical
funding for public health agencies and the Prevention and Public Health
Fund, in addressing strong child nutrition standards, the health impacts
of climate change and gun violence prevention. When we all raise our
voices together, our leaders in Congress are more likely to listen!
The Public Health Action, or PHACT, campaign gives you the tools you need to talk to your members of Congress about the importance of public health.
- Meet with your members of Congress or their staff.
- Attend a public forum or town hall and ask a question. Call the district offices of your senators and representative to request a list of events near you.
- Submit an op-ed to your local paper. For a template letter or technical assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn tips for writing op-eds and letters to the editor.
- Use Facebook or Twitter to engage your members of Congress.
- Short on time? Send an action alert message to your members of Congress, or call your members of Congress and use the action alert message as a phone script.
Find out how public health funding is faring in your state with our PHACT state fact sheets.
Read APHA members' op-eds and letters to the editor.
Share your story: Email us at email@example.com. Tell us about your involvement in the PHACT campaign.